Getting our players to make quick and accurate adjustments is vital for being successful during games. Here are drills for hitters and pitchers to help them learn how to make better and quicker adjustments:
- Have 5-10 different bats of all sizes and weights placed at the field
- Every hitter has to use a totally different bat for each swing during batting practice
- The coach hands a different bat to the player for each swing and the hitter must use it
- Remember it’s the batter and not the bat that matters most.
- Have a bucket of different quality balls and seam types next to the pitcher
- The pitcher must throw each pitch with a different ball